On Friday 23rd April, the WPNY community was so honoured to have actress, singer, and teacher Yolanda Wyns relaunch our Notable Neighbours speakers programme. Not only did Yolanda wow the students but also the faculty and staff. While Yolanda shared many magical nuggets during her talking, she left our community with her final words of wisdom which were:
- Listen to those who support and love you.
- There is no such thing as a bad idea.
- There is nothing so bad as a good excuse. The better the excuse, the worse it is!
- Do not allow fear to steal your passion.
- Be open to new ideas!
- The journey is much like walking through the park. There are inclines and declines.
Thank you, Yolanda, for being such an inspiration to our school. You are now not only a Notable Neighbour but a dear friend!